Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Only the best for Karson

As a mom you always want the best for your children....I mean it's just basic instinct!  We carried them for nine months where we got so attached already that we can't help but always try to make the right decision in raising them.  I even find myself saying to Brandon..."don't drop him!" Although I know he never would, it's just my mommy nature.  All that weighed true even when I was trying to decide on a Pediatrician!  I mean I can still remember my pediatrician to this day.  His name was Dr. Davis and I loved going to see him.  I was sad when I had gotten to old to go see him and I had to switch to a family doctor.  And I really wanted that same kind of thing to happen with Karson.

Well, once again it all just falls right into place.  I had searched and searched, got peoples recommendations, even finally decided who I was going to use; and then we just happened to go over to the awesome Brandon and Nicole Berry's  house (she's a fellow blogger as well) the week before we had Karson.  Right before we left she asked me if I had found a pediatrician and I said I've been looking, settled on one, but still not sure.  She highly recommended Parkside and so I came home and got online.  They always recommend going to do a walk through or meeting the office and all that kind of stuff and I have to say that night looking at their website I just knew that was where we were going to go.  At that time I was not even sure where it was located in relation to our house, but we were going to drive to it!  I couldn't have been led into a better decision!  Let me just tell you Parkside Pediatrics is just wonderful.  Dr. Jones happened to be on call when we had Karson so that's who we saw in the hospital and who we have seen for Karson's checkups, but I know I could see any doctor in that office and feel comfortable.  The front desk is so sweet, the nurses are patient (yet super fast when giving shots...I am pretty impressed), the doctors really want to spend time with you and answer any questions you may have (which is big when your a new parent) and somehow they still manage to get us in and out as quick as possible.  "Going to the doctor" is usually not something we want to do but I actually look forward to seeing all their smiling and friendly faces when we go.  They have created an atmosphere in that office that is just contagious!  If you leave their unhappy it's all you because I promise someone was nice enough to you while you were there to make you smile! So as if you could not tell....it's my turn to pass the good news to all my friends that I would highly recommend them myself to anyone in the Simpsonville Greenville area or anyone willing to make the drive because it's worth it!

Brandon asked me the other day, "So do you think we will take our next baby to Parkside?!?" and I gave him that are you crazy look and he just laughed because he knows that's how much I appreciate their service!  Of course we will take ALL of our children to Parkside!!!

Karson with Dr. Jones at his 4 month checkup....
Yes, I am one of those moms I have to have a picture to look back on :)

2 comments:

  1. I am also looking for a new pediatrician! Ours retired... Thanks for sharing! Karson is getting so big... What a lil' cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually KNOW 2 of the nurses there- Melanie Grooms ( she just works occasionally- has a little boy and 1 on the way) and than her mom- Beki Reid works there! A LOT of my friends from Clemson go to church with Dr. Jones and know his family- have heard great things about that practice!!

    ReplyDelete