Monday, June 27, 2011

Karson's Nursery

Well believe it or not Karson still has not slept during the night in his nursery!! Some would say I am a crazy mama, but I have to admit no I am just a tired lazy mama!  He is only waking up one time in the middle of the night to feed but for me I would rather grab him out of the pacnplay right beside my bed than have to get up and go to his room.  Sounds ridiculous to most, I am sure, and even to myself sometimes but by the end of the day I am tired and I just don't care.  I am sure it will be way different when we have another one!! (wow, I can't even believe I said that..haha.  I mean seriously going through labor and delivery I was telling the nurse I wouldn't forget this moment for awhile so we wouldn't have any kids for awhile.  And if I sit back and think about it I can still remember that day very well!!! So no babies by no means yet....but yes he has brought us so much joy I know their will come a day that we will decide to have more...just give me a few years :)

Back to the nursery....I chose to keep Karson's nursery fairly simple, but oh how I love it.  I didn't even paint the walls but instead chose fabric for his bed that would go with the khaki wall color.  I love it because of all the meaning and memories it already has of just us putting it together.  Really I feel like everything we do has a bigger meaning behind it and Karson's nursery falls right into that category.


Mom and Dad came up one weekend to help us put the crib together and originally set up his room.  Minus the chair because it had not come in yet. So it was nice to have them apart of it.....And then as I got further along in my pregnancy Cristi came up for a day to help me go shopping for a mirror for his room and some stuff like that.  Well, I guess you could say I was going through my "nesting" stage and I starting looking at Karson's room...got her opinion...and long story short.  We switched the nursery and the guest bedroom around so Karson could have the bigger room. Ryane happen to come that night to go out to eat and so she helped us move everything and the hubby was just thrilled at my decision (well I mean not really...but it did look a lot better!!)



I blogged earlier about how we found Karson's crib so I will spare you that story again! But finally "the chair" had arrived and the room was almost complete!!  I had told Brandon when we found out we were having a baby that I could deal with a lot of things but the one thing I wanted for sure in Karson's room was a nice chair.  I nannied for a family here in Greenville and in Gracie's room there was a chair that she and I spent lots of time in...rocking to sleep, curling up after her bath, reading books before naptime.  I loved that chair and I just knew that was where Karson and I would spend a lot of time.  So we finally found one...and I have to say it is amazing and so worth it....it rocks, it glides, and it reclines!! What more could I ask for!  I just love it!


All that being said, his nursery is so special because so many people have a part in it.  When I walk in his room, I know that room is filled with love.  I love being able to walk in and have people come to my mind that also love Karson so much because their hand has been on his room.  And here are the pictures to show it....



This sign is hanging on the wall right outside his room.  Its an awesome reminder of our friends Brandon and Nicole Berry.  She painted this and gave it to us and I just love it as it first reminds me of the time we got together and prayed for Karson along with all the other times we continue to lift him up in prayer!


Right when you walk in this frame is on the wall! Another awesome reminder to me as his mama of women I truly admire and look up to.  Tara Goodson and Tracy Harvin gave us this frame for his room and everytime I look at it I know I have Prayer Warriors on our side always thinking of him and praying for him!


The stuffed animals are so sweet....My Nana saw these and "just had to get them for him" and if you know her it's just a special memory because she would do for anyone before thinking of herself.  Another selfless move on her part.  The wooden car was Brandon's that he used to play with as a little boy and I know Karson will love it as well.  Many of Karson's books came from his cousin Christopher which we are so thankful for and know we will love reading all of them. My Mom and Cristi both gave us some new books as well for Karson.  I can't wait to find out Karson's favorites although I know mine are "Guess How Much I Love You" and "Kissaroo" right now!  And then his toys that are closed away in the canvas boxes are from wonderful people at his shower that I know he will enjoy playing with.


Aunt Gail made Karson's curtains and pillow for his chair. 

One of my all time favorite parts of his nursery are the paintings on his wall!  Before those got put up I have to admit his wall was definitely bare!!!  I looked several places for wall art for a little boys room and really just could not find what I wanted. I was not sure exactly what it was I wanted but I knew I wasn't finding it when I went out shopping! SO....I am so thankful for talented people in our family. Aunt JoJo and I started talking and she said she would love to paint something for his nursery.  So I looked online and found some ideas and then our talented Aunt JoJo painted these AWESOME pictures for us! I seriously love them and I am so glad she painted these for us.  Karson even stares at them when I am rocking him in his chair!

Wow really this long of a post on just a nursery.....It may not be other peoples favorite, but for me it's special.  So many great thoughts come to mind when we walk in his room!  We are so thankful and blessed for all the wonderful people who are in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Love it....When my kids were little, some of their favorite books were by Sandra Boynton such as The Going to Bed Book, Moo, Baa, La La La, and Doggies....check those out if you don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute room. Oh how I love those colors... As you might guess... We have LOTS of pink ;)

    ReplyDelete