Monday, March 7, 2011

What's in a Name! (Karson Clay Kinder: KC)

Lots of thought went into naming our little man, but it also came so easy and wasn't even a question from all our dream building up to this point.  I never had the privilege of meeting Brandon's Papa KC but I feel like I know him from all the stories I have heard throughout the years. There is always a story to share when the whole family gets together and I just love all the laughter they create sharing the memories they have of Papa KC.  I know Brandon was close to Papa KC as he has told me several stories of him growing up as a little boy.  So my simple minded husband sees our two year old being "smart" and spelling his name "KC" at such a young age!! I laughed as I informed him KC could be his nickname but he would have a full name as well. 
K: We tossed up several names that start with K, but we knew his name would be KARSON when we looked up the meaning..."Free Man!" What more could we ask for our son but to be free!  Free from worry, free from fear, free from doubt, free from generational curses, free to worship & praise the Lord who came and saved him from everything and took it for him (which I know he will learn someday!) So to us its not just a name but their is a lot of meaning behind it!!

C: We knew right away we wanted his middle name to be a family name as well.  And it just so happened someone who meant the world to me and Brandon is name CLAY!  I remember hearing Kelliegh and Clay tell stories of Brandon riding with them and going on dates when he was little.  In fact they can keep up with how long they have been together by how old Brandon is.  And as I spent more time with the family I always loved Kelliegh and Clay.  I remember asking Kelliegh if I could have my wedding reception at her house one day even though I didn't know "when" or "who" I would marry at the time.  Doesn't God have an amazing way of leading us into our destiny!! 
      And now as we step into the parenting role we have always looked at people like Kelliegh and Clay and the love they have for their kids and we know we want to follow in those footsteps.  We have been blessed to spend time with them and watch them as their kids grow up. So we are honored to give him the name Clay.  Our prayer is he can model after his namesake...ambitious, selfless, caring, giver, compassionate, adventurous! 
      And I know there is gonna come a day where Karson is creating memories with his Daddy and Uncle Clay whether it be in the country or the duck blind!!

                               

So people ask what will you call him?  Well his name means more to us than we can express and they all have a special place in our heart.  So to me, I feel Karson is bound to have lots of names...Karson, Karson Clay, KC, my lil rugrat, and each one will be a special reminder of all the wonderful people we have in our life!!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo sweet....makes me emotional...God bless you and your sweet family!!!! Your life will change forever in so many amazing ways, and you will know a love that you have never known before.....many, many blessings!!!!!

    Shanda (Austin is my son's name)

    ReplyDelete