Monday, April 30, 2012

The LOVE of a Parent!


I cannot believe it has been a year since we welcomed this sweet loving little boy into our family.  Having a child is truly an experience that no one can prepare you for....and raising them well just when you think you have them figured out or you think you have them on a schedule they usually throw you a curve ball.  You can accept peoples advice here and there but ultimately its a learning process of what works best for you and your families lifestyle.  Needless to say from the day we brought Karson home from the hospital he has fit right in to our lifestyle.  I always prayed for a little boy who would love to play outside and that is so true.  He has been outside since the day he came home from the hospital and now he cries every time we come back inside!  Prayers answered!!  In fact, the little girl I used to nanny for spend the night with us one night and when she went back home to her house she said "Mama, Baby Karson is such a sweet little boy the only time he cried is when we had to come in from outside!"  Out of the mouth of a babe and she is so right!

But Karson has taught me so much this year!  So many things that I could go on forever about, but the one that sticks out more than any is the unconditional love you immediately develop for your children.  Most people you grow to love or you "fall in love" with, but you never realize how quick you can love someone until you hold your child in your arms for the first time!  I think all moms can agree with this.  I mean the fact that at first even his cry does not bother you, we just think it is so cute and sweet.  We live with sleepless nights because we love them and want to take care of them the best we can.  The way he curls up in your arms and lets you snuggle him.  The smile he gives you.  The first time he leans in to love on you.  The thought that there is no one else like him....oh how perfect he is!  The new milestones he reach and as parents we get so excited about cheering them on every step of the way.  They see us smiling and saying Good Job and although they may not fully understand they can tell we are proud of them so they want to try it again.  And then the first words you hear him say "mama...dada" They really cannot do anything that makes you not love them!  You discipline them out of love and for their safety but the whole time you think "man I sure do love this child!"

But the unconditional love I have for him opened my eyes so much to the unconditional love the Lord has had for us, his children, all these years!  What a love that is!  I will never full comprehend God's love for us, but Karson has opened my eyes so much to the fact that God loves his children that very same way.  He sees us perfect and whole in Him!  He marvels and gets excited over our great accomplishments....he loves to hear us sing praises to His name....He loves to hear us call on his name.  He is always there the moment we need him.  He loves us regardless of what we have done or where we have been.  He always wants us to be his children.  He always wants to protect us.  And even though he may have to "discipline" us sometimes it is usually for our safety or because He has better plans for us.  And we hear about that and have always been taught the "Jesus loves you no matter what!" but I never fully understood it until the tables were turned and I was the parent loving my child.  And now I see the love He has is immeasurable...I cannot even comprehend it fully, but oh grateful I am to know someone loves me that much.  And just like any child they never understand that full love that a parent has for them, but oh how much clearer it has been shown to me this year through Karson's life.  And oh how blessed I am to have this experience!

I love being a Mama!  I love watching him grow and experience new things.  I am so thankful that God chose us to be his parents.  I cannot wait to see what he continues to teach me each year as he grows and changes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment