Friday, July 15, 2011

Can You Relate?!?

"Don't Blink" I am sure this is something every mother has said to herself before and I have caught myself saying it several times just in Karson's three months so far....but it hit me once again as I finally decided to clean out his drawers and closet and put his newborn clothes up in storage for now.  I can't believe how fast they grow!  I remember him being too little for his newborn clothes at one point and then I wake up and the next day he has outgrown his newborn clothes and welcome 3 months!  People talk about cherishing these moments and not missing a thing and I've come to realize what a blessing it is to be a stay at home mom.  I am so grateful that we decided long ago that when we had kids I would stay home with them.  I am blessed to have a husband who understands the power of a stay at home mom and has made it work for us!  It's not the easiest job, and it doesn't pay (per say in the natural world) BUT its definitely the most rewarding!!  And although I used to be a perfectionist I find myself now saying "what schedule"......my little man has taught me that the laundry can wait...it will still be there tomorrow and possibly the next, the bathroom can stay dirty one more day, and the floor can be vacuumed later....oh yeah and I guess we're going out to eat tonight because we have no food in the house!!

And as I sit and think about our day to day "routine" or better yet lack there of I laugh and think...

Can You other Mama's Relate?

*Thinking today is the day we're gonna get on a schedule...only to realize the little one has other plans!

*Always having 3-4 paci's on hand everywhere we go (especially the front of the car)

*Crying like there is something terribly wrong...only for me to pick him up and him smile at me (I got you again Mama!)

*That swing is really supposed to entertain you longer than 5 minutes

*Okay he is finally asleep....now time to get as much housework done as quick as possible.

*What only a 30 minute nap...you are supposed to sleep longer than this!

*And yet another day without a shower therefore not leaving the house to go anywhere!

*Baby on the hip, trying to get supper together, and talking on the phone to Daddy (wondering when he is coming home to help)

*Me: "Daddy can you watch him while I shower"
  Daddy: "How long are you gonna be?"
  Me: "10 Minutes you think you can handle that?"
  Daddy: "Just hurry"
  Me: "I've been with him all day, you can handle 10 minutes Daddy!!!"...
      .....I get out the shower to hear Karson crying and go in there and get him from Daddy to snuggle up   
  Daddy replies "Why will he not do that for me"

*Looking at the house at the end of the day thinking...what have I done all day?!?! (oh yeah...taken care of a baby!)

*Passed out on the couch at 10PM, baby in arms; and thinking, as Gracie used to say, "I've had a busy day!"

And then the sweetness of:

*Karson smiling, cooing, and talking to me like he really is in on this conversation!

*Curling up in the rocking chair together before naptime and having your child just stare in your eyes and smile at you!

*That perfect spot in your arms he likes to curl up in that only he can find!

*My little man finally realizing...I may not know she is "mama" yet but I know I spend a lot of time with her and she takes good care of me!

So I often find myself pretty tired or better yet exhausted....in the end I wouldn't want it any other way! This is what mamas were called to do, and why God created us....to please him in everything we do!!! And although I laugh at some of the craziness that goes along with raising a child I find myself honored that God chose me to be Karson's mom!  And each Mama's story is different, but in God's timing he chose you to be your child's mama because only you can be the perfect mama for him/her!



4 comments:

  1. He looks healthy and well taken care of, so, you're doing it right!!! :) Unless one has an exceptionally mild mannered baby, schedules are a laugh. I've never had a mild mannered one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You'll find your balance & he will eventually get on a schedule. It takes a while before you start to balance it all. Each child is different & you have to do what works best for you & him. The no shower thing still happens here too. There are days where you won't get one single thing done & days where you are having so much fun you don't want to do a single thing. Just remember to have fun & enjoy this :) it's truly a blessing- to not only be someone's mommy but to be able to watch them & play with them all day :) you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max is 15 months and that schedule word is still not in our vocabulary. I think that not having a schedule and being flexible has made him such an easy going baby. When he was little I did anything and everything with him, and still do. I just can't believe he is 3 months old already, time sure does go by fast. Let me know if you ever need anything. I have been through it all( I guess through 15 months):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the conversation when Daddy gets home... lol

    ReplyDelete