Monday, February 28, 2011

A Pea in a Pod....A Blessing from God!

Well I had my original yearly meeting with the OB planned for September anyway and the week before Brandon and I were laying in bed joking around and I decided to do the inevitable lets just take a pregnancy test and see.  Sure enough I looked at it and then I made Brandon look at it for himself.  But it still had not hit us until I went in that next week to the Doctor and they confirmed!!  Brandon didn't even go with me to the doctor because I was like oh its just my yearly appointment they will probably just check and make sure the pregnancy test was right.  After the doctor came in and talked to me he told me he wanted to do an ultrasound just to measure the baby and see exactly how far along I was.  So I went in with the ultrasound tech and sure enough "he" looked just like a pea in a pod.  I was in complete amazement!!  But more so that I only measured 7 weeks along and his little heart was already just a beating!! I left the doctor with "proof" to show Brandon!

 He was on his way home from working in Columbia that day and I don't think he could get home fast enough so we could talk face to face. I can just remember him on the phone....Seriously?  For real? and the heart was already beating?  Wow!! It was such an exciting time to share together....the prayer of thanksgiving for God blessing us with this little miracle...that sense of joy...the sense of moving on to the next phase of life! 

And then the....wait are we even old enough for this?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment