Monday, June 20, 2011

A Deserving Daddy

Sunday, June 19, 2011 we finally added another holiday to our calendars to celebrate in our little family...Father's Day!! And although we have always celebrated it with our dads this is the first year we got to make it extra special and celebrate Brandon's first Father's Day!  We stayed up here in Greenville instead of going to Sumter because it's just hard sometimes to travel with a baby.  So we decided we would enjoy Father's Day and celebrate the man of our house!! If you get around me long enough you will learn I love any excuse to celebrate.....birthdays, anniversaries, you name it we are going to celebrate.  So Father's Day was no different.  Brandon is very special to me and he deserved to be recognized on his first Father's Day! But it definitely needed to be a week long adventure.

So first up we went shopping for Brandon some new tennis shoes....it was definitely something he needed but something that I could not pick out on my own so we made family time out of it and shopped until we found just the shoes he wanted.  Later on in the week we decided he needed a golf hat for all the golf he enjoys playing :) Once again, I'm not gonna pick out something like that without him trying them on and seeing what suits him best.  So we purchased a hat!!!

I tried to fix his favorite suppers that he likes to eat throughout the week just to celebrate Daddy everyday!! And then I finally found a way to surprise Brandon.  I have to admit its SO hard to do.  He knows me way to good for me to EVER surprise him...and I'm usually not real good with surprises because I get so excited about what I have come up with that I tell him or let him guess it!!  So this time I kept quiet and Karson and I planned another big dinner on Friday night.  So Friday night we surprised Daddy with Chicago Stuffed Pizza delivered straight from Chicago!! To some it may just be pizza and so no need to order in from Chicago just order Papa John's, but for us it was a memory, an experience, a journey we had already taken together and loved and I wanted to recreate again! (oh and by the way, for those that say its just pizza...definitely have never had real chicago pizza)



We went to Chicago about two years ago and we were introduced to a pizza restaurant that we absolutely loved!  They are known for their stuffed pizza and as we walked to our table everyone who was already eating had stuffed pizza so we knew we had to try it.  It was ahhmazing!! Needless to say it's two years later and we still talk about it.  So I decided to get online and check out their website and sure enough they will ship you a pizza!  You place your order and they prepare it fresh that night, half bake it, then send it overnight to you on dry ice! So Friday night we were sitting in our home enjoying Chicago Pizza!

Karson and I also made Cookies and Cream cupcakes that day for dessert.  They were SO good!  It's the first time I have ever made them and I was very pleased with how they came out.  We did a little decorating on top as well just to add some more meaning to it!



Saturday Brandon played golf at the Walker Course with Clay because they were up here dropping the boys off at golf camp.  This can be added as another good day for Daddy since he shot a 79!  Happy Father's Day to him.  Then that night we went with Kelliegh, Clay, and Liza to Pixie and Bills for supper.  And that was our first experience there and it was SO good!  We even talked about going back for date night sometime.

We woke up Sunday and spent Father's Day with our wonderful church family at RWOC!! It so neat just to be able to stand and applaud now for our Daddy in the family along with the other dads at church.  Karson gave Daddy his gift on Sunday.  It was a frame with pictures of him in it from his photoshoot that we did when he was 7 days old and a quote saying..."He didn't tell me how to live, he lived; and let me watch him do it!" Karson cannot wait to grow up and follow in his daddy's footsteps and he wanted Daddy to know he already looks up to him and can't wait to be like him!!



Some may think we're crazy and Father's Day isn't that big of a deal but to us it is!!  He works hard for this family...he is our provider...our leader...the one who holds this house together, and because of that he deserves more than we could ever give him!!

And there's a little man in this family who is gonna grow up and want to be just like him...and he will always know that his Daddy is a Winner! And we will always Honor and Respect him!!

2 comments:

  1. Pixie & Bills = YUMMM! I worked there and at Calhoun Corners for 3 years in college. I love to go back there when we get a chance. Glad you all had a great Father's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet....I enjoyed reading your entry so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete